Friday, July 6, 2007

Welcome to the Real World

The next thing I know is that I'm sitting next to professionals, and by that I mean REALLY experienced professionals. Around the table was an archaeologist, a meteorologist, a geologist, a medical doctor, a devcom expert, and the company's CEO. I was the youngest. However, I never felt out of place. I realized that I got silent at times because I was in awe of their presence. They're very knowledgeable yet very grounded. I got a lot of "chismis" from them and found myself laughing several times.

I was the first to arrive and I hope I made a good impression. I can't help but feel nervous about my tasks. It will be my first time in Palawan- all expense paid, plus more. Dad and I were exchanging text messages after my meeting. He told me that he's so proud of me. Dad's my number one adviser. He told me to get an experience here first. No need for high salary, just good experience. I'll fly to Singapore on November for a one week visit. I won't work there until I'm sure that I already gave back to my country. It would be nice to take trips here and there. But for now, I'll definitely serve my fellowmen first.

I really am nervous. From getting everything I want to basically doing work on my own. Hehehe. ;p Yes, there will be cooks, security, doctors, lawyers, and everything but still, it's just me and my co-RA...far from the luxury of home for a week or two.

I'm up for the challenge. But no malarias...PLEASE!

No comments: