Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Blues

There's something about yesterday's weather.

Really, there is. I found myself looking for someone (you know what I mean) yesterday. I was about to take a nap and was surprised when just as soon as I closed my eyes, there was a part of me wishing for somebody. Later that day, Candy and I were chatting and she told me that she was mostly sad for some reasons. Maybe it was the weather.

It was rather chilly yesterday. The sky was dark and the atmosphere screams melancholy. I often remember Rose during this kind of weather. We usually tell each other that the cold and dark days are not too good for the suicidals. Kidding aside, I think it was proven that most cases of suicide happen during the chilly days/months, for example, December. Cold, dark, and melancholic- just the right ingredients for a tragic event.

I usually felt sad during the rainy season when I was younger. No, not suicidal, just a little sad. The "blues," that's how mum called it. There was an article in Readers Digest that discussed how weather affects depression. I read it once in awhile until I got a lot better. It was self-medication, I think.

It's not until today that I learned to appreciate the beauty of darkness. Yes, I still get my post-blues moments but today I know that I am in control. It helps to know that I am not an isolated case and it does not hurt to admit that I went through it. It was a phase and I'm glad that I aced it.

No comments: