Friday, July 6, 2007

Shut-eye

I thought I was dreaming. But minutes after I regained my consciousness, someone was really calling my name and knocking on my window pane. I panicked for awhile but I realized that the person outside was a family friend. I peeked through my curtain and called his name. He apologized for waking us up and said that he's having some problems. I woke mum up and told her that he's in the terrace. I thought that it was already 4 or 5 am. But, hello, it was only 12 am. I was just in the middle of my slumber. And because I'm one hell of a light sleeper, I wasn't able to hit the sack again. I kept myself busy through the internet. Mum was not able to sleep, too.

I checked ADMU's website, looked for the requirements regarding their law school. I also checked SMU's (Singapore Management University), then SIM's (Singapore Institute of Management), and then for some reasons I checked Yale's, then Harvard's. It must be the lack of sleep. Smiles.

The clock finally hit 4 am. I prepared breakfast. I miss preparing breakfast. I made tea for myself. While sipping my tea, our family friend began talking about his self-induced pain. In between his silence were little laughters. At first glance, you wouldn't believe that he has a lot to deal with. He has everything- literally. And people around us , who envy his status, do not really know how troubled he is.

He's going to be fine, but not very soon, I guess.

No comments: