Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Thinking Chair

How do I describe the past week?

Let's start with work. Work's fine. It was not too hectic. In fact, there were lots of room for breathing. However, I was pretty much consumed by an unsuspected headache. It was really bad and I just realized that it left me really wasted during the whole week. I felt better after a good night's rest but my headache had an aftershock. Not another one though. It's like a post-headache thing- a headache hangover- something that left me really tired for the rest of the week.
I didn't get to do much. Didn't stay online for long, didn't glued myself to the tube, didn't even sleep that much. I'm just lucky that the week's almost over.

Then came Saturday.

It was a nearly good start for my favorite day. But the scorching weather left me paralyzed. Yesterday's heat was like a stalker- it followed us everywhere. My Saturday, in the words of Paris Hilton, was HOT.

Starting the week today. Sunday.

No, I didn't get my "sweet sleep." I had to wake up early for my civil service exam. I arrived just in time, sashaying my way to room 052. But as soon as I walked inside the classroom...oh hell! The room was for heat-lovin' masochists. And if it wasn't enough, the dude behind me was trying to impress everyone by imitating an American accent everytime he'll inquire something. But it really sounded bad...awful for that matter! Grrrrr.

It was hot, I was hungry, and the school bathroom was really bad. And to top it all of, while we were eating at Jollibee, a freaky man sat beside us asking for money. He was frightening. You could actually see anger on his face. His aura was bad...heavy...dark! We were quite pissed because the place had no security guard that time. Don't you think that establishments should always ensure the safety and comfort of the consumers?

My week wasn't that bad. It just wasn't my kind of week. On the brighter side of things, well...I know that I'm still lucky for a lot of reasons. I'm just having those days. You know, those days when I'm not really sure whether it's me or the world. Whether the world's putting so much on my shoulder or it's me who's just so sensitive with the way certain things are (maybe because of PMS). But life's still great. I think it's because I've really come to believe that everything happens for a reason- that God puts us in a position that allows Him to manifest his love and message for us.

Sweet.

No comments: