Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My P&P Fixation

After viewing crichi.com, I was definitely addicted to making my own webpage, improving my multiply site, and joining random blogs (like livejournal and xanga). The thrill was taking over me. It was pretty much overwhelming.

I am not the person you can count on in terms of these things. Let's just say that I can figure my way in e-land...but I won't be the one to finish with a flying color. I am not an expert (for now, I suppose). Looking at some wonderfully created blogs and sites has actually made me feel insecure. On the other hand, I feel very much challenged to learn about the tips and tricks when it comes to layout, design, and all the other hoolabaloos in between.

My mum enrolled me in a computer class when I was eight. My classmates were older kids- fifth and sixth graders. And though I can't understand half of what the teacher was talking about, I was able to manage my assignments and even get an award during the closing ceremonies. However, I grew up loving the idea of having papers and pens. No matter how overwhelming computer programs were/are, there's still a certain pleasure that only papers and pens could give me.

My P&P fixation is incurable. There's a delight in a room full of papers and pens. I was in second grade when I got my first diary. I kept writing until there was no single page left. And then I'd wish that people will give me notebooks, papers, or diaries for my birthday. It was my guilty pleasure.

When I reached high school and the idea of a diary was a little cheesy, I started my own written version of a blog. It was called "The Mailbox." The idea was for me and my friends to air out our sentiments and share the rambles going on in our heads. When one writes something, someone else would comment. It was much like the present day blog, only it was written. I guess that's why I kind of started late in e-land. Aside from the fact that I was very much consumed by my studies, I think I was just too in love with papers and pens.

But I had to keep up since the world is constantly on the move. So here I am, still figuring out how to make my e-life uber great, creative, and fun. I'm under therapy for my P&P fixation but I'm getting a hang of it. After all, we need to save our trees, right? (But recycled papers look great too!!! Ah, well.)

No comments: