Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hail Harry!

Deeply,deeply (and I mean DEEPLY) in love with Harry.

That's how I felt after watching Harry Potter 5. Rose and I finally scratched the itch and headed to the cinema to see the hottest wizard in the universe. The theater was filled with people from all walks of life- kids, high school cliques, college students, workaholics, parents, and kids at heart, waiting to see the fifth installment of the HP series.

Lights out. Previews. Silence.

A deep sigh as soon as an all the more familiar emblem took center stage. Everyone was quiet except for the guy sitting next to me (he mumbles every scene and he moves a lot in his seat). Laughters were across the cinema during the funny scenes and "kilig" screams during the infamous kiss between Cho and Harry (that was quite long, I believe). Smiles. But there were emotional moments in the film where in my eyes turned a little cloudy, like when Harry saw Sirius killed. It was shot in slow motion and it felt as though the audience was one with Harry.

What I love most about the film is the complexity of the characters, especially that of Harry's. It's really parallel since he's all grown up and his personality has become more intense and complex. Harry's depth of character is more felt in this installment. The performance of the casts is very believable and captive. I also love that other characters were given depth. It's still Harry on spotlight but it's great that he was not alone this time. His friends, together with other wizards, were with him in his battle. There were no big events this time- no tournaments or action-packed quidditch, but HP5 delivered a more emotional (and matured) attack on the film.

It was a big sigh after an almost two-hour Harry Potter fixation and I wouldn't have spent my Saturday any other way. I'm definitely buying a DVD (original only). Hail the young wizard!

No comments: